To facilitate and accelerate digital transformation in the sciences on a national level
The Council monitors transitions in the German academic system at large and gives practical recommendations to academia and the government. Specifically it
- provides forsight on the development of digital science;
- promotes coordination of existing activities;
- identifies potential synergies between the diverse actors and new fields of action;
- intends to stimulate cooperation within the academic system;
- monitors international policy developments.